1. IT’S THE ‘PEOPLE’S’ BUSINESS CLASS
A long time ago on a trip to New York we went to Tiffany’s . The first floor of Tiffany’s is the gazillion dollar floor–most people I know don’t shop there.
So to get to the cheap stuff–you have to take the elevator to the top. We get in and the operator guy says,
“Which Floor?” We just looked at him with blank stares.
“Ooooh”……….he says. “You want the People’s floor.”
Well, we laughed because it was so true.
That’s how I think of Norwegian’s Premium class. It’s an affordable version of ‘Business Class’. You noticed I said version. It’s not Business class, nor will it ever be Business class, it’s Business Class’ little brother.
2. AFTER 40 YEARS- I’VE EARNED IT
Like most retired people, I have worked hard for almost 3/4 of my life, I think I deserve a few perks. One of them is, I refuse–yep I said refuse–to sit in a 90 degree angle for 10+ hours on a plane. I will buy food from a market my entire trip if I have to, but I am not going to kiss my knees in a plane seat.
I just want to stretch out my legs, drink the ‘free’ wine in the priority lounge, fill my backpack with lounge snacks, and eat free food all night on the plane.
3. IT FIT’S THE BUDGET
We booked a one way fare from CDG (Paris) to LAX (Los Angeles) for $725 each. Now that’s a bargain if you ask me for what you get. It’s tough to find a similar comparison with other airlines because it’s not really business and it’s not really premium economy. But on the average the other airline prices were all in the $1,000+ range on Google Flights. Thomas Cook has a similar product to Norwegian for about $500.
But, I have not heard any thing positive about Thomas Cook yet–so I am kicking it to the curb for now.
4. YOU GET TO TURN LEFT, INSTEAD OF RIGHT
It’s the best feeling to turn left, instead of right on the plane. You know what I’m talking about people. The seats where they close the curtains and you get your own bathrooms. And flight attendants offer you fluids every 60 seconds and there is room in the aisle to go pee every 90.
5. LOUNGE ACCESS AND SKIPPING THE LINE
The lounge access for Norwegian Premium at LAX is One World Lounge in the Tom Bradley Terminal, it’s spacious, has food, drinks, recliners and snacks. I like it. There are recliners in the back, with outlets, and it overlooks the airport. You can kill time by eating, drinking and people watching below. Mike gets our money’s worth in Scotch alone!
You also get to board first, which actually doesn’t matter much to me. But if you have carry on, then I guess that is helpful.
6. YOUR PRIZE PACKAGE INCLUDES!
I feel like Vanna White, when you’ve guessed the puzzle on Wheel of Fortune. She walks across the stage turning all the letters, points at the puzzle…….and Pat Sajack says,
“And here’s what you’ve won!“……so here’s what you’ve won.
Personally, I don’t think it’s a bad deal for the price. And for all you purists out there…I KNOW IT’S NOT BUSINESS CLASS!
Someday when I grow up and get enough Chase Sapphire Reserve Reward Points , I might get to fly Business Class, but for now, let’s just pretend I don’t know any better.
Oh and I don’t want to end without a few tips for booking a Norwegian Premium Seat:
- We only book one way flights, it seems to be cheaper. Plus, we never know where we will end up on a trip.
- You have to check the site constantly, the price of those premium seats to Europe vary all the time! I have seen them go from $600 to $1000+ for the same seat at any given time.
- If you find a premium seat for a good price—BOOK IT!!!!!!!!!! I repeat BOOK IT. We have seen a price change in minutes. We didn’t book it and kicked ourselves for it. They go quick.
- I have also gotten emails for a bidding system, where you book a regular seat and can bid for a premium seat. I have never tried it–I am not taking the chance. But, it could be worth it.
- IMHO and contrary to popular belief –I think the earlier you book a premium seat on Norwegian the cheaper it is.
By the way–we have no relation whatsoever with Norwegian. It’s just a product we use and like.
And you all know, if I like a product I will write about it and if I don’t like a product, I will also write about it. I’m a pretty straight forward kinda gal. Hence, this epic tale.
Alright, that’s all folks….we will be pulling up anchor and shoving off tonight (see Mr. Johnny Farrell doesn’t that give it more ‘flare’ and pizzazz?).
We will see you across the pond as they say–Next stop Edinburgh to get tattoos!
Take Care Friends……Donna
#forget14gofor20 #retirementisforthefearless #settheworldonfire